I'm trying to find a good and flavorful pizza dough recipe but so far I haven't been successful. If you have a good recipe, would you mind sharing it with me? Thanks!
This pizza dough recipe isn't "flavorful" really, but it is my favorite. Perfectly compliments any toppings and does not over power in any way. My family has been using it for years now, and everyone is a fan.
1 cup warm water 1 tsp yeast 1 tsp salt maybe 3 cups of flour? I never remember because I always just add one cup at a time until it is the right dough consistency.
You know the drill, proof the yeast in the water. Then add the salt. Then add flour 1 cup at a time until the sides pull away and blah blah blah... :)
Our tradition with this dough is once it is rolled out to rub olive oil on it, and then put the cheese on and THEN the sauce. We just drizzle the sauce over the cheese. I don't know where we learned this, but it makes it amazing. The olive oil keeps the dough moist, and then you don't feel like your pizza is all sauce which can happen sometimes. That way you really get to enjoy the toppings, but do get the sauce in there as well.
2 comments:
This pizza dough recipe isn't "flavorful" really, but it is my favorite. Perfectly compliments any toppings and does not over power in any way. My family has been using it for years now, and everyone is a fan.
1 cup warm water
1 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
maybe 3 cups of flour? I never remember because I always just add one cup at a time until it is the right dough consistency.
You know the drill, proof the yeast in the water. Then add the salt. Then add flour 1 cup at a time until the sides pull away and blah blah blah... :)
Our tradition with this dough is once it is rolled out to rub olive oil on it, and then put the cheese on and THEN the sauce. We just drizzle the sauce over the cheese. I don't know where we learned this, but it makes it amazing. The olive oil keeps the dough moist, and then you don't feel like your pizza is all sauce which can happen sometimes. That way you really get to enjoy the toppings, but do get the sauce in there as well.
Thanks Krista! I'll try that tomorrow night!
Post a Comment