May 29, 2008

The Stork Landed!!!


On Sunday, May 25th, at 8:39AM Evan Charles Dowdey arrived!!! He weighted in at 8lbs 1oz and was 20.5 inches.

Unfortunately, his cord was wrapped around his neck so his heart rate kept decreasing with each contraction. So, to ensure a healthy happy baby, he was born via c-section after 24 hours of labor.

He's is the cutest thing in the world!!! I know, I'm biased. :) Anyway, thanks for all your prayers and thoughts.

4 comments:

Stef said...

Yay! Congrats you guys! He is a cute baby, but I'm also biased... I think ALL babies are adorable. :)
I'm glad everything went well. I'm looking forward to future pix!

Melissa Joy said...

HALLELUJAH!!! I am so glad to know that your little boy (yay for boys!) arrived and is in your arms now. We've been praying for you this week. Congratulations to your whole family! I hope your recovery goes well. Enjoy your precious bundle. :)
Many blessings!!

Krista said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you are doing well with recovery, I will be praying for you. So sorry you had to do 24 hrs of labor first... but very glad for a healthy delivery.

Erin said...

I am glad you & your little Evan are safe & healthy! We were praying for the birth!