Stef just gave us "bloggers" a reprimand on facebook about not posting. So, here I am posting a bunch of random facts.
I am sorry though that I haven't been posting much on here. Life has been rather crazy for us lately.
Evan is quickly becoming a little boy and the baby features/characteristics are disappearing fast. He's trying to talk more with real words which is quite an improvement for him. He LOVES going on walks, playing with his ride-on school bus and eating. He's definitely my kiddo though: he knows the difference in the sound of passing diesel trucks and motorcycles. If he hears either of these he'll look at me with a huge smile and say, "Vroom-vroom!". I love it! He now sleeps in his "big-boy" bed which is really great. He even stays on his bed and doesn't try to get out! We're going through a naughty stage, in that he's testing boundaries and seeing what's going to happen.
I've been doing a lot of cooking, cleaning and toll painting. I've started my "nesting" phase of this pregnancy. I organized our filing cabinet along with the closet that it's in, I re-arranged Evan's bedroom and am prepping it for Noah's arrival, and I organized/re-arranged Ryan and my room too! I like the results so far! As to the cooking, I've been making most things from scratch. Last night we had home-made macaroni and cheese and tonight I made baked potato wedges to go along with home-made hamburger buns.
Ryan is doing well though he's working an insane number of hours. When he gets home, he and Evan usually go get the mail and then play on the floor while I finish dinner. It's so cute to watch them interact: Evan just adores his daddy.
If you are looking for a good book, I've been reading "Leading with Love" for a class Ryan and I are taking. I'm about half way and it's been very good. The premise for the book is taken from Paul telling the Corinthians that leading without love is pointless and just a bunch of hot air/noise.
Well, I think I've rambled on long enough...are you satisfied Stef? ;)
4 comments:
Hi Holly! It is great to see an update of your family! And I am excited for you and your new little one coming soon. Have a blessed week!
(My comment above had too many embarrassing spelling errors so I had to delete it.) ;-)
Haha! I love it! Now I have actual posts dedicated to me? Wow. Too much ;)
The part abut Evan saying "vroom, vroom" made me laugh! I love that he is so into the cars and motorcycles! Also, the naughty stage... they just keep coming, so brace yourself. I think God has them start when they're younger and mostly in smaller issues, so we're well prepared for when they're older and the issues are much bigger.
Yay for sleeping in a big boy bed!! Such a big step when they leave their crib!
(thanks for the post, Holly)
Hi Holly Dolly, I didn't get to talk to you today, so I went to your blog, to see any new postings. I miss you all so much, I wish everybody lived closer. When I catch up on one, I miss so much of the other ones! I'm glad that two of Evan's favorite things are two of Papa's favs.... diesel trucks and motorcycles! That sure makes Papa smile! I can't wait to see all the changes in your home, and especially in Evan. Keep those pics coming, they make the miles disappear. Lots of love, Mom
Post a Comment