March 9, 2010

You Are What You Eat

"You are what you eat." Everyone knows this saying and it usually refers to the physical food that you ingest. However, our Pastor Doug used it in reference to your spiritual appetite. Are you craving and feeding on the Word of God? If so, then your life will be marked by the fruits of the Spirit. On the other hand, are you only taking in things of this world? Likewise, that is all that will be evidenced in your life.

In this day and age, physical appearance and beauty is pushed to the extreme. You can't go anywhere without seeing more than one add for the newest diet pill or weight loss plan. As believers, we are supposed to be more concerned with our spiritual health over our outward appearance/beauty. I for one needed a reminder of this. After having Noah, I've been trying really hard to lose the extra weight I gained during the pregnancy. However, with training Evan, I realized even more just how important and necessary a consistent morning quiet time is.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box. If you're interested, here's the link to the sermon. The one I'm referring to is the one from March 7th. http://www.middletownbible.org/site/audiodownloads.asp?sec_id=140003909

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Sure true, Holly! Thanks for the reminder. Input, output...

Stef said...

Yay!! I love sermon links - thank you. I listen to these at night when kids are in bed, husband is at work and I get to my list of household chores :)

I love this topic because its so true. I was sitting here eating some peanut M&M's when I saw your post title and almost didn't click because I wasn't sure if you posted about dieting and didn't want to feel guilty! How terrible am I?! I'm like a 2 year old :)

Anyway, I love how your Pastor drew this to the Spiritual side. Wise man.

Nicola said...

Holly, thank you for the reminder. I feel the same way, about training our girls. If I don't have the constant renewing of my mind in the Word, I feel beat down and not able to deal with the girls in a godly manner. love you lots.