Last night we had a blast celebrating Mikki and Rudi O'Neal's birthdays! I made enchiladas, corn, guacamole and corn chips. I also made my first checker-board cake! It was a three-layered cake with butter cream frosting covered in homemade marshmallow fondant. I paired it with homemade mint chocolate chip and vanilla ice creams. Here's a pic of the cake...not the greatest but it was fun to make!
you did a great job on that cake, Holly! I am super duper impressed. I'm not good with baking and have recently started trying out really basic stuff. I'm going to have to put this type of cake on my "things to bake in 2011 list"
If you're making trips to bake for people, stop off on WA please!
3 comments:
Awesome cake! It sounds delicious! Could you send me a piece?
Um...how about I just come out there and make you one?
you did a great job on that cake, Holly! I am super duper impressed. I'm not good with baking and have recently started trying out really basic stuff. I'm going to have to put this type of cake on my "things to bake in 2011 list"
If you're making trips to bake for people, stop off on WA please!
Post a Comment