Melissa~I love working with fondant! I make a marshmallow fondant that tastes great and is super easy to work with. I now prefer to use fondant than trying to get a smooth surface with regular frosting.
Charlotte~Thanks! I cut a pattern on paper then used a paring knife to cut it out. I chose certain petels that I wanted on top and cut a second one out. For the color, I used food coloring gel and a brush and added the brown to give it a more realistic look.
Cola~It's a checker board cake...I'll try to post a pic of it later. Love you!
4 comments:
That's really fun, Holly. Is that fondant? I've never worked with it. What do you think??
That is really beautiful, Holly! How did you do the design on the flower petals?
That is amazing Holly! What kind of cake is it? You did a great job.
Melissa~I love working with fondant! I make a marshmallow fondant that tastes great and is super easy to work with. I now prefer to use fondant than trying to get a smooth surface with regular frosting.
Charlotte~Thanks! I cut a pattern on paper then used a paring knife to cut it out. I chose certain petels that I wanted on top and cut a second one out. For the color, I used food coloring gel and a brush and added the brown to give it a more realistic look.
Cola~It's a checker board cake...I'll try to post a pic of it later. Love you!
Post a Comment