June 25, 2012

Dress in Progress

Ryan and I get to attend a friend's semi-formal wedding in August! I was so stoked...then I realized that I had NOTHING semi-formal to wear that's maternity. I started looking on-line to see what was available and was shocked to find some great dresses. However, the dresses started at $165 and went up from there. That amount is SO not in the budget right now. So...after debating with myself, I decided to make a dress. I chose a pattern that I hoped would be easy to alter and make into a maternity dress. It hasn't been too hard, but I also haven't started the real dress yet! Here's a picture of the prototype I made...what do you think? Any suggestions on changes? Oh yeah, and I'm 33 weeks pregnant today!

2 comments:

Nicola said...

I think it looks cute. Great job. Are you still going to use your bridesmaid dress, or did you scrap that idea?

Holly D. said...

Thanks! I had to scrap the bridesmaid dress idea. I didn't realize how small I was at your wedding and there is no where near the amount of fabric that I need. :)