February 13, 2013

Day Fourteen of February: the Month of Love

Day fourteen of loving notes on Ryan.
According to the world, today is supposed to be a day marked with candy, kisses, roses, and lots of romance. Instead of going with the world and falling for all the superficial "love" I want to take a moment to tell you I love you.
When we met in 2000, I fell "in love" with the idea of you. I was only 15 and you were 16. We had many years that the Lord would use to grow and mature us in Him and in general. We both had many lessons to learn.
From 2000 to 2005, I compared every guy I met to you. I didn't "mean" to do this: it just happened. I'll never forget when we started doing things together on a regular basis. I was so worried that you'd see right through me and know that I loved you. I was terrified that you might reject me. After asking you if you'd want to be more than friends, I'll never forget the surprise I felt when you said you'd compared all the girls you'd met to me. It was exhilarating! I thought that I'd never love you more than on that day. Man was I wrong.
I love you more and deeper now than I did back then. It's not the same I-just-got-engaged-today love, but it's a exponentially better. I love you more than I can say.
God has richly blessed me with you and I am SO thankful He designed us for each other. I know in the years to come, our love will be that much deeper and purer. I look forward to the future years with you, filled with our growing love for each other and the Lord.
Thank you for being you and for your love.
I love you now and forever.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Very nice! Love that picture!