July 5, 2013

For Edena


We found out about a month ago, that we were expecting a new little one! We were planning on telling everyone after we had our 7 week sonogram, just to make sure everything was okay. Well, on Tuesday, we couldn't find the baby on the sonogram. We thought I might not be as far along as we thought and had plans to repeat the sonogram in a couple of weeks.

On Tuesday night, I was getting ready for bed and was suddenly hit with extreme pain. I thought it might be a gluten contamination issue, but it was way worse than anything before. I "just knew" something was wrong and I had Ryan take me into the ER.

After being there for hours of observation, getting pain meds (with no relief) and having another sonogram that still couldn't see the baby, I was admitted into the hospital. As the early hours of the morning passed, we waited to see the OB doc.

During our waiting time, the pain was getting worse and I no longer could lay down without going into a panic attack and feeling like I couldn't breath. When the OB doc witnessed this, he decided that we couldn't wait any longer and that I needed to go into surgery immediately. Come to find out, I was internally hemorrhaging from a rupturing ectopic pregnancy.

As the Lord planned, on Wednesday morning, we said goodbye to our little one, Edena, as her Maker called her back to Himself.

As you know, I'm still grieving the loss of our little Edena, but I have the hope that one day, I will get to hold her, along with her siblings, Shiloh and Blessed Hope. Until that day comes, I get to look at my three wonderful little boys God has given me here on earth, and I am overwhelmingly blessed and grateful.

I share this with you, not to gain your sympathy, but to ask you to pray for spiritual and emotional healing. My body heals quickly, but my heart does not. Pray that in my grief and weakness, God will be glorified and I will rest in His strength and comfort.

4 comments:

Nicola said...

Holly, I love you so much and you know you can call me anytime to talk. We will be praying for you all and I look forward to meeting Edena, Blessed Hope and Shiloh. May our loving Father wrap His arms of complete comfort around you.

Melissa Joy said...

Oh Holly. My heart aches for you, knowing the grief and pain and longing-for-heaven... while holding three living children IS an immense blessing, it does not take away from the indescribable grief & pain. It is deep & real & raw.
I will pray for you as our Father knits you back to health, and as He holds your breaking heart.
Thank you for sharing Edena's life with us here, just as you did with Shiloh and Blessed Hope. I love to know about these lives, so we can glorify God for them, and be with you in the anguish. (((hugs)))

Erin said...

Hugs to you dear Holly!
I am praying for you, your body healing and your heart.
I am so sorry! xo

Stef said...

You've been in my prayers so much this past week!